Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Shanghai

Hi All! I'm on a two-week tour of SW China - starting in Shanghai. It's an amazing city- over 23  million people, the largest city in the world by population. Wikipedia says:
"It is a global city, with influence in commerce, culture, finance, media, fashion, technology, and transport. It is a major financial center[9] and the busiest container port in the world.
Here's some of the fantastic buildings:



This is the view looking out over the Yangtze River into the financial district.
 
Beautiful old buildings, not all new skyscrapers
 Some views as I walk along The Bund, a broad walkway by the river.
The Chinese do beautiful things with flowers.

Cute little panda baby


Notice the easy access open crotch -  a common sight in China. Sometimes with diaper, often without.



Now walking into the tourist section:
Cool buildings and masses of motorcycles


View from our restaurant

Zigzag bridge

Masses of people and not even the regular tourist season



2 comments:

  1. So exciting, Mom! I love the pictures...I think the last one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone asks how your doing and I say great and by the look of these pictures I'm not lying.

    ReplyDelete