Sunday, December 9, 2012

Chinese Dumplings

These are 5 cute girls from my Sophomore Reading class. They took me to the Qingdao Museum one day. Then they decided I needed to learn how to make dumplings. They brought pork, onions, and ginger. I had the rest of the materials.

Here's a demo of the rolling process:
They're very good at it. I couldn't turn out round dough to save me.

Some dumplings ready to cook.







They sink to the bottom of boiling water.
When they pop to the top, they're done!







Two of the chefs.










Notice the clothes - Layers of cuteness!



Nothing is plain. This one has fur at the top, then lace, and knit designs - to cook in.
















Another fancy, detailed outfit!
My friend Kris came to learn the art of dumpling making.
Dumplings seem to be a part of every festival in China. These girls are lucky that their mothers passed on the art. And I'm lucky they would come teach me!

3 comments:

  1. yes we should make them when you get back

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sarah. Do you think you could do it again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning to make them when I get home! I'm going with Kris to the home of one of her students this Sun for another demo. Hope I can get it down.

      Delete